Sunday, August 15, 2010

Memories of Ramadan.

Every year, Ramadan is the month that everyone waiting for. This is because after Ramadan, we will celebrate "Hari Raya Aidilfitri". This year, I am celebrates my Ramadan at campus. Last two year, I celebrate at my home. Definitely different celebrate Ramadan at home and at campus. This is because, at home, there will be someone that will wake me up; my family. For sure, there are much more sweet memories of the past Ramadan.

First of all, normally, we will go to the bazaar. There will be miscellaneous "kuih muih", "lauk pauk" that sold there. Normally, I will go there with my father and my sister. This is the best part because my father will ask me what am I going to eat and what kind of food that I want. Of course, the first things that I want to buy are my favorite foods; "laksa Johor", and "kuih seri muka". After that, when we arrive at home, I will help my mother to serve the food for us and complete certain cooking that not finish yet. When we heard "azan", all of us started with eating kurma" and "kuih". These is because, we are encouraged to eat something sweet according to our prophet, Nabi Muhammad S.A.W, that what we call "sunnah". After finished our food, my family and I will prepare to go to the mosque, for "terawih". After back from "terawih", my sister, my brother and I will play fireworks and firecrackers. This is the excited part because we will feel like "raya" just only left two days, but the truth is, we just in second day of fasting. I can still remember that I had been scolded from my parents because I am so stubborn. They advice me to not play firecrackers because it is so dangerous and can hurt myself.

I can still remember, when I am child, I will fasting not enough in one month. There will be one or two days that I will skip from fasting. This is because, I feel very hungry and cannot wait until "azan". Normally, if I want to eat, I will hide from the others and eat at the kitchen or my rooms. So nobody will know and everybody will assume that I am fasting that day, just like others. The best experience is when I am 5 years old, my father said that, if I can complete or fasting in one month without miss one day, I will get RM50. That is big value for me. So, that year, I am promised to myself to fast complete one month. I want that money. With that money, I can buy anything that I want. "Alhamdulillah", I can finish completely my fasting without missing one day. During fasting that year, l learn many things; I learn how to control myself from eat, how to be a good son, and the special about Ramadan. That year teach me to be more matured, patient, and thinking person. Year by years, I can be more matured in doing anything.

In Ramadan, we will see everybody busy in celebrating "raya" that will come. The busiest people is absolutely me. This is because, I will choose my new "baju raya". I also help my mother makes cookies. I loves in doing this because, every single cookies that I make, I will eat one. The first person that taste the cookies is me. That is why my mother do not want me to help her.


This year, there will no more rewards if I can finished my fasting. This is because I am 19 years old. I just enjoying fasting with my friends at campus. It is my sister turn, so let her get what I had got and I hope she also can learn something in this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment